(Most of the boxes are because 3 out of my 4 classes are getting new textbooks and workbooks this year. I also have the other 7th and 8th grade teacher's books in my room.)
Needless to say, I didn't even know where to begin. I decided to start by going through my copies and laminating that came back from my district's processing center. (What's a processing center you ask? It's a central location that does ALL of the copying and laminating for ALL 12 schools in my district. I cannot use the copier in my own building. Everything is sent out and then sent back. On a good day, my stuff returns in 4 or 5 days. On a bad day, it can take up to 2 weeks. Unfortunately, there seem to be more bad days than good.)
I counted out my math notebook guidelines, rubrics, grade sheets, vocabulary lists, grading policies, and first day handouts for my 4 classes and placed them in their bins. (Unfortunately, those colorful wooden ones I got at Target don't fit 8.5" X 11" paper. The plastic ones did though, so I'm using them for now.) I cut all my laminating and laid it flat with boxes on top to stop it from curling. (My district sends it back in a roll. Some of it has been rolled since the end of June.)
Next, I went through my
Next, I started to hang some posters and chalkboard toppers. I did a decent job, hanging 18 posters and 6 toppers. The last thing I did was arrange the desks the way I want them and hang those adorable black and white containers to hold notebooking supplies. I really like them!